BEAUTIFUL ONE –
Outreach to Women in the Sex Industry
New York City is home to hundreds of Asian massage parlors, as well as numerous strip clubs in which women are sexually exploited on a daily basis. Single mothers, immigrants, and victims of sexual abuse work long hours in places like these, feeling as if they have few other options of earning a living. Beautiful One is a ministry of Street LIFE Ministries, which exists to befriend women in the massage parlors and strip clubs and treat them with the actual value and worth bestowed on them by the One who created them in His image from the very beginning. (Click here to read more on the history of Beautiful One.)
We bring gift bags filled with goodies women enjoy, a friendly note or encouraging verse of Scripture, and simply spend time making friends with them. Love, acceptance, and a caring community are some of the most basic, core needs of every human being. Inside the clubs and massage parlors, we are often asked, “Why are you doing this?” Because we love you and Jesus loves you, unconditionally.
We believe that as we simply love others because He first loved us, God has great things in store for our teams and those we reach out to! Our desire is not only to provide friendship, but also connect those who are interested with resources that can empower them to live a life free of sexual exploitation and abuse. Additionally, we seek to raise public awareness and train others to effectively care for those in the industry.
We have a few options for those of you who would like to get involved:
- Commit to praying for the women in the massage parlors and strip clubs, as well as our Beautiful One outreach teams.
- It takes finances to make this happen! If you are interested in donating, click here to give through PayPal, and be sure to type “Beautiful One Outreach” in the memo.
- Gifts for the women can be purchased through our special Dollar Days Wishlist.
- If you would like to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Outreach volunteers will also be required to go through a training process. Please note that going through the training does not necessarily guarantee a spot on the outreach team.
- Contact us at the above email address if you have a special service you would like to provide for the women, such as professional counseling, financial planning, immigration services, etc.