KING’S CENTER FOR URBAN MINISTRIES
The King’s Center for Urban Ministries is not a monument, but an instrument for serving God’s purposes in this generation. It is a vision that God has given us to further impact and effectively reach the lost, homeless and needy in New York City. In this city where the need now is greater than ever, our heart is to have a building large enough to expand the vision of Street LIFE Ministries. We want to house and disciple those we meet on the streets, as well as provide training for those who desire to go deeper in their walk with God.
Through years of prayer we believe that God wants to provide a place big enough to do the following:
- Bring in the homeless and provide rehabilitation for the drug and alcohol addicted
- Be a restoration home for women rescued from sex trafficking/prostitution
- House a community center for the poor and needy -provide ESL classes, computer training, and other vocational training
- Store basic necessities in bulk (food, clothing, etc.) for the community
- Train, equip, and mobilize the Church and Short Term Mission teams by housing them and hosting their outreach
- Affordable housing for missionaries who serve with us
- Establish the Queens House of Prayer for 24/7 Worship and Intercession
- Provide space for other ministries and offer services for the community
Now, we know buildings don’t change lives, but what goes on inside them does! The price tag of any project seems overwhelming. Ministering to an entire city is costly, but Street LIFE Ministries has a history of accomplishing the impossible by faith! We will tackle this project trusting God as we all move forward in faith.
At the moment our biggest need is prayer and financial support. Over the years we’ve been looking for a building big enough to fit all these desires and believing God will release this as we move ahead in serving this great City of Nations. We are doing everything possible to fulfill the vision but parts of it will happen only when we see a building released. Would you prayerfully consider investing in the Kings Center for Urban Ministries, knowing you will be investing in changing lives for eternity?